Monday 4 November 2013

rambling on about . . . my novel writing journey . . . day four

 

DAY FOUR - MONDAY

Words written today:  1758

Total words written:  7840

Words remaining:  42,160

Days remaining:  27

 During the month of November, whilst I am joining in with The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) attempting to write a 50,000 word draft novel, I will be posting about my progress (or not) every day.  I have removed the comment box so as not to have too many distractions, but will switch it back on again at the end of the month, when, hopefully, I will have completed my mission.

Writing will mend something broken inside you or bring something back to life.

After my writing session last night I went straight to bed.  All the concentrating and staring at a screen is very tiring.  I slept like a baby and dreamed vivid dreams – in fact, I dreamed a whole storyline.  This morning it had all vanished with only a trace left behind.  Darn – why does that always happen?  After such a busy night of dreaming I felt wrecked when I eventually woke so I took myself out for a briskish walk in the early morning sun, thinking about how I would carry on my story.  This writing lark is taking over my every waking, and now, sleeping moment, there seems to be no room for anything else as I obsess about words and finding the right way of joining them together to make a decent sentence.  Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment