Friday 15 November 2013

rambling on about … my novel writing journey … day fifteen

 

DAY FIFTEEN- FRIDAY 

Words written today – 2,056

Total words written – 30,854

Words remaining – 19,146

Days remaining – 16

Well sometimes...other times it's like heaven.  --Laura Davis & The Writer's Journey www.lauradavis.net

This week has flown by.  After a shakey start my confidence returned and I have been averaging about 2,000 words a day, regardless of my despair at the beginning of the week I have stuck at it because I don’t want to fail – it is important to me to finish this project.  When it is over I have realised that I need to practice story writing more, even if it is only short stories – I have found my weak spots over the last couple of weeks, things that I really need to work on.  I also want to study some of my favourite books and see how they have been put together, and what it is about them that I enjoy.  I want to write a book that I would enjoy reading.  I read all the time, most of the books are average, but somewhere in all the dross a little gem pops up that captures my imagination – that is what I am aiming for – a dramatic and lyrical novel.  Maybe I won’t achieve it this time – who am I kidding – I definitely won’t – but maybe one day.

Onwards and upwards!

During the month of November, whilst I am joining in with The National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) attempting to write a 50,000 word draft novel, I will be posting about my progress (or not) every day.  I have removed the comment box so as not to have too many distractions, but will switch it back on again at the end of the month, when, hopefully, I will have completed my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment