Wednesday 20 November 2013

rambling on about … getting back to normality …

 

It seems ages since I did a normal post.  Regular readers will know that I have been concentrating on writing a draft novel for NaNoWriMo and removed the comment box so that I would have no distractions but I have certainly missed being in contact with everyone.  In between bouts of writing I have been working in the garden.  Last weekend we removed a Viburnam shrub that was threatening to take over the world – it was huge and, to be quite honest, dull.  The prunings filled two huge builders bags, you know the ones.  Now I have a massive space to fill.  Lurking at the back of the shrub was a climbing rose, on its last legs, due to lack of light, I cut it right down to the ground in the hope that it will  re-grow, fingers crossed.  Here are a few pictures I have taken this week:-

SDC19077

SDC19101

SDC19087

SDC19083

SDC19086

 

SDC19092

SDC19105

SDC19106

SDC19104

The garden at last is beginning to show signs of autumn, it seems to have taken ages for the leaves to turn and fall, but a few colder days, stronger winds and a couple of frosts seem to have done the trick.

I have gone back to my settings trying to replace the comment box but I am not sure if it has worked oh dear I should have never messed about with it.  Here goes.

11 comments:

  1. Well the box is here! You can just remove the comments box from individual posts in options too.

    We pruned a climbing rose down to the ground when we had the summerhouse erected and it grew back far better than it ever was before so now I cut it really hard back every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your progress on the novel with great interest, well done! It's an impressive thing to do Elaine. Have dabbled with a bit of writing myself, but not got very far yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love that second pic - the one of the sky. The beautiful chaos of a post-sunset or pre-sunset sky is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried and tried, but lack the discipline. Many starts, no follow through :(

    I'm so happy for you!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are back. The garden looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good pictures. I've managed some plotting in between the writing. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am enjoying following your progress with the novel, I feel as though I'm on a journey with you, enjoying the ups and downs of it all. I must say you are well ahead words wise! Marvelous stuff.

    What artistic pictures, I loved them all especially the skies and the autumn colours. I think winter has arrived now though, it's perishingly cold with snow, hail and biting winds. I have an urge to bunker down and make endless pans of soup.
    Good luck with the rest of the writing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations you have been doing so well with your novel. I am so impressed over the number of words you write a day, Your pictures are lovely and so colourful.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your good wishes everyone - I won't be back on the blogging circuit just yet but it's nice to know you are rooting for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I had read each day's progress (and enjoyed your writing quotations, too!) with the twists and turns in your creativity. I thought it very wise of you to turn off comments and keep your focus. Sounds like it worked!

    ReplyDelete