Monday 19 March 2012

The Arrival of Spring

All through the long winter I dream of my garden.  On the first day of spring I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth.  I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar.
Helen Hayes
If you've never been thrilled to the very edges of your soul by a flower in spring maybe your soul has never been in bloom.
Audra Fuveo
Spring makes its own statement so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments not the composer.
Geoffrey B. Charlesworth
I love spring anywhere, but if I could chose, I would always greet it in the garden.
Ruth Stout
Sitting quietly, doing nothing, spring comes and the grass grows by itself.
Proverb

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.
Proverb

13 comments:

  1. Lovely, spring really is such a wonderful season! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fitting tribute to spring. It has arrived early and in full force with warm temps and no moisture. We need some April showers. Your flowers are lovely and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour and freshness of Spring is such a fab time of year. Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring! Can't wait to see what you will be growing and showing this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's in the air now, isn't it? Some indefinable lightness and energy. Wonderful welcome spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is my favourite time of year, with the promise of so much to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Elaine, Your spring blooms are looking very pretty and I enjoyed all the quoted thoughts on the season. I did not know that Helen Hayes was a gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...I was hoping there would be an Elaine saying in the final photo. So glad Spring's here...def' the beginning of the New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see spring has arrived beautifully to your neck o' the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely time of year but so much to do! I hope your wild flower area works. I just discovered your pinterest boards, seems we have many similar interests :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post perfectly capturing the essence of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So nice to have found you. I am looking forward to watching a new year unfold in your garden!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Spring? Humph - there's too much to do" David Marsden

    ReplyDelete