Friday 23 December 2011

Four Seasons in the Rosebank Garden


Autumn
 
As this will be the last post for the year 2011 I decided to show photographs which epitomise my garden through the year.  I like to nurture a wild, overgrown look where possible - letting self-seeders do their thing and encouraging nature to take over but keeping some control.  On the whole I have been successful this year, keeping the borders full of plants is a sure way to keep the weeds down.  I have lots of plans for the flower garden next year - sowing more wild flower seeds and keeping the more blowsier plants confined to patio pots.  The more books I read about natural gardening the more plans I make for the future.  Exciting times to come.  I doubt if I will ever get the garden as I would really wish it to be - but I am going to have a lot of fun trying.

Spring

Summer



Winter

Thank you to everyone who visits this blog and for all your kind comments - I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and New year. 

7 comments:

  1. What a delightful Christmas post, and wonderful pictures.
    Have a lovely time. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is beautiful in any season and thank you for sharing it this way. This time of year makes one think back through the seasons and be more thankful for what we have and also, be more appreciative for what is to become. Gardens are great for this as they renew, and without fail, bless us again each coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, Elaine. Time to start gearing up for it all to begin again! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Your garden is so much more natural than my OCD-ish one.

    And "Peas in Earth and Good Dill to all men" to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect garden round up for the year, Elaine! Happy Christmas and New Year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely series of photos. I hope you have just a lovely Christmas!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to seeing your plans manifest.
    Hope you and your loved ones have a wonderful Christmastime.

    ReplyDelete